Restore and Meditate Teacher Training at Westport Yoga KC
with Lisa Ash Drackert, RYT-500
Friday March 23- Sunday March 25
This weekend program and additional practicum is designed for yoga teachers who are deeply committed to the art of teaching yoga and want to learn to incorporate Meditation practices into their classes.
The three-pronged approach of lecture, experiential learning and practicum teaching is ideal for yoga teachers to truly hone the art of teaching.
Our program will give you the base you need to begin teaching Meditation and Restorative Yoga with best teaching practices, sound educational theory and brain-based learning models. We will learn about how the brain responds to stress, how to guide your students into the Relaxation Response and how to build your confidence to teach meditation and mantra.
Our curriculum focuses on contemplative yoga practices including Meditation, Restorative yoga and pranayama. Our practicum experience features observing, assessing and practice teaching classes at Westport Yoga KC with honest and helpful feedback/mentoring from expert teachers and colleagues. Our practicum experience will conclude July 2018 (and options are available for out of town teachers.)
Details: 20 contact hours
- Friday March 23: 4 pm- 8 pm
- Saturday March 24: 12 pm- 6 pm
- Sunday March 25: 12 pm- 6 pm
- 2 additional Observation Hours of Restorative Yoga Classes
- 2 additional Practicum Hours Assisting Restore and Meditate Classes at Westport Yoga KC
- Additional assignments as needed; Including options for out of town teachers. Everything will be completed by July 2018.
- Provided Texts: Moving Inward by Dr. R. Sovik and Workshop Manual
- Provided: Snacks, Fresh Juice, Hot Tea, a take-home bottle of essential oil and access to Audio Guided Meditations
We will learn how to teach:
- 4+ body awareness techniques which balance the nervous system and calm the mind
- 4+ pranayama techniques to prepare for meditation
- how to use yoga props to assist the physical body for meditation
- appropriate modifications of common Restorative Yoga Poses
- the 5 basic steps of meditation as taught at the Himalayan Institute of Yoga Studies
- how to teach meditation to beginners
- how to structure a 75 minute Restore and Meditate Classes for all levels
Please Download and Read "Program Requirements" Document before Registering.
Investment: $345 REGISTER HERE.
Minimum 6 students by March 1, 2018. Maximum 12. Please note: there are no refunds for this workshop. Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Hours are available.