Restore and Meditate Teacher Training at Westport Yoga KC
Advanced Yoga Teacher Training with Lisa Ash Drackert, RYT-500
Friday November 9- Sunday November 11, 2018
This weekend program and additional practicum is designed for yoga teachers who are deeply committed to the art of teaching yoga and want to learn to incorporate Meditation practices into their classes.
The three-pronged approach of lecture, experiential learning and practicum teaching is ideal for yoga teachers to truly hone the art of teaching.
Our program will give you the base you need to begin teaching Meditation and Restorative Yoga with best teaching practices, sound educational theory and brain-based learning models. We will learn about how the brain responds to stress, how to guide your students into the Relaxation Response and how to build your confidence to teach meditation and mantra.
Our curriculum focuses on contemplative yoga practices including Meditation, Restorative yoga and pranayama. Our practicum experience features observing, assessing and practice teaching classes at Westport Yoga KC with honest and helpful feedback/mentoring from expert teachers and colleagues. Our practicum experience will conclude spring 2019 (options are available for out of town teachers.)
Details: 25 contact hours
- Friday November 9: 4 pm- 8 pm
- Saturday November 10: 12 pm- 6 pm
- Sunday November 11: 10 am- 6 pm
- 2 additional Observation Hours of Restorative Yoga Classes
- 2 additional Practicum Hours Assisting Restore and Meditate Classes at Westport Yoga KC
- Additional assignments as needed; Options included for out of town teachers.
- Provided Texts: Moving Inward by Dr. R. Sovik and Restore and Meditate Yoga Teacher Training Manual by Lisa Ash Drackert
- Provided: Snacks, Fresh Juice, Hot Tea, a take-home bottle of essential oil and access to Audio Guided Meditations
We will learn how to:
- teach 4+ systematic relaxation techniques to balance the nervous system and calm the mind
- teach 4+ pranayama techniques to prepare for meditation
- use yoga props to assist the physical body for meditation
- effectively introduce the 5 basic steps of meditation as taught at the Himalayan Institute of Yoga Studies
- teach meditation to beginners
- structure a 75 minute Restore and Meditate Classes for all levels
Please Download and Read "Program Requirements" Document before Registering.
Investment: $345 REGISTER HERE.
Minimum 6 students by October 9, 2018. Maximum 12. Please note: there are no refunds for this workshop. Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Hours are available.